I use this blog as a soap box to preach (ahem... to talk :-) about subjects that interest me.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Book in Chinese

For a couple of years my attempts to obtain a copy of the Chinese version of my book "Beginning JSP,JSF, and Tomcat Web Development"  has been completely unsuccessful.

A few days ago, I decided I had to find a way. It took me some inventive "googling" to find the name of the publisher, but I finally found it: product.china-pub.com/195967.

I discovered that the Chinese edition only became available in September 2009, almost two years after the original.

Here is an image of the front cover:


It costs AUD 9.00, much less than the original. I expected that.

Thanks to Google Translate, I was able to send a message to the publisher via the contact page on their website. I quickly received a reply (in Chinese). They told me that I have to buy it through their website and that they only ship domestically.

I sent another email. I cannot give up so quickly, can I?

The book was translated by Shi Xiaohui and Yuan Yong Kay and I believe I have found them. I send them emails and asked them whether they can halp me in getting a copy of the book. But, to be on the safe side, I also send a message to three more people named Shi Xiaohui, two of whom are on FaceBook.

I know: it's desperate...

I just discovered that I can buy the book from Biblio. But it would cost me AUD84. MMmmm... Quite a markup from the AUD9 dollars the Chinese pay domestically...

No comments:

Post a Comment